Highlights of NMIT
NMIT has been conceived, planned and implemented by Sri. Jacob John, graduate of IIT Madras. The latest technologies have been implemented from construction onwards, and are a model for engineers who visit the campus to study the unique features.
NMIT is advised by a galaxy of academicians, among whom are Dr. Gangan Prathap, former Vice Chancellor, CUSAT, Dr. K Rajagopal, London, Dr. Harinder Singh Jagdev, Ireland, and Dr. Vinod Veedu, USA.
NMIT is the sole institution in the state seeded by an IIT alumnus and nurtured by technocrats and world renowned scientists.
The institution has already become a trend setter in Professional education in Kerala owing to the strong foundation laid by great minds, assisted by highly qualified faculty and supported by excellent infrastructure and amenities.
Some Unique Features of NMIT
- BEST UPCOMING ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN KERALA (Awarded by AITMC, NewDelhi)
- Neat, orderly, disciplined campus atmosphere best suited for professional Studies
- A Code of Conduct for Students spells out the conduct expected of students
- The Mobile Phone Policy ensures responsible use of mobile phones.
- First Engineering College in Kerala to implement Academic Audit System.
- NMIT awards scholarships to meritorious and deserving students and does not collect any donation or deposit from any student.
- Counseling and motivational classes
- On-campus special training programs in industry relevant skills.
- Structured Placement Training Programme
- Comprehensive student profile maintained in digital format from the first year itself for proper assessment of students by prospective employers
- Wide spread connections with industries ensures industrial exposure, training and placement opportunities.
- Hostel facility for boys and girls
- NMIT is the first engineering college to introduce locker facility for students.
- All faculties possess Post Graduate Qualifications and are specially trained in communication and teaching skills.
- Committed faculty accountable to college, parents and students
- Fully Equipped Labs
- College buses from Payyanur, Nileshwar, Kanhangad, Kasaragod, Vellarikundu,Kuttikkol etc
- VIRTUAL LABS for ECE, EE, CSE& ME (AnInitiative of Ministry of Human Resource &Development) being implementedthrough IIT DELHI/ NITK Surathkal.
- 8 Mbps dedicated internet connectivity on campus
- Internationally recognized Institution of Engineers Student Chapters in all branches.
- Web based feedback system, survey system, SMS alert and reporting system being implemented in stages.